Friday, July 13, 2012

July is Snowman Month!!


Hello Woolies!
Happy Friday the 13th!  I try not to be superstitious, and think WOW!  We need to make this a lucky day!  Today is the drawing for the Moda Bag and all the goodies that Savannah has selected and packed inside.  The “lucky” winner of this bag will receive the bag and inside are 15 mini kits.  The value of this bag and goodies inside are well over $100.00.   Our “Random Number Generator” has selected the following person as the winner……Marlene Sullivan.  Congratulations!!!  Marlene please contact us with your mailing information so that we can send this bag your way!


July is Snowman month at The Little Wool Shoppe.  Each Friday we are offering a new kit featuring Snowmen.  These kits are all available by contacting Carrie (Bee’s Mom) at carrie@starrypinespatterncompany.com.  Our first kit was “Frosty Mugs” and the cost of the kit for all the wool and binding is $45.00.  This is the custest project ever and goes together and finishes really fast!  The designer is Threads That Bind and it measures 11” X 40”.

The kit featured this week is from All Through The Night.  Bonnie Sullivan has done it again with “Seven Snowmen.”  If you are familiar with her pattern “Seven Santas” you will love this project, too!  It is like paper dolls and dressing seven cute snowmen.  The cost of the kit is $62.00 and features wool for the entire penny rug top including the black background.  The easiest way to dress these snowmen is to use and applique sheet and lay out all the pieces and steam press them together.  Then when cool peel the constructed snowman away from the applique sheet.  Repeat for all snowman.  They are then very easy to place onto the background fabric and press into place.  Here is a picture of Bee holding one of the snowmen.  I think I know who is cuter!!




Here is a sneak peak at next week’s Snowman project from my friend Joanie from Bits and Pieces by Joan.  (Joan calls me Butthead!....it is a long hilarious story!!)  This project is called “Snow Pals.”  It will be presented in kit form two different ways…one with a frame and one finished like a penny rug.  We will post it next week.



The last Friday of July I will present in kit form my new Snowman project called “Snowball Fight.”  Stay tuned for photos and information.

My sistah girlfriend Jeanette Pie’ is coming to visit next Friday!  She lives in Maryland and we will be spending the day together.  We are adopted sistahs and just know that it was inevitable that we would meet and join hearts.  Fate is that way and I am so lucky to have her in my life.  Professionally she is the owner and designer of “Easy as Pie” designs.  She is the “Talking Quilts” lady.  She has designed some new pillow tops with Subway Art and will be bringing along her models and some preprinted panels so I can feature them in the shoppe.  Check out her website at www.easyaspiedesigns.com .  We will share photos in our next post.

I just cannot believe that we are halfway through July.  I checked our corn fields and our corn did not quite look “knee high” by the Fourth of July, but it has been so hot.  I was reading through the current Country Register
Found this interesting recipe.  Have not had a chance to try it, but it does sound promising…..

“Cooler Corn-on-the Cob”
Get a cooler and wipe it clean.  Fill it with shucked ears of corn.  Pour two kettles-full of boiling water over the corn and close the cooler.  Open the cooler 30 minutes later and enjoy your meal.  The corn will be perfectly cooked and as long as the cooler stays closed, it will also remain at the perfect level of doneness for a couple of hours. 

Enjoy the Weekend and stay safe!

Mini Moments from Savannah………………………..
Last week I was on the road to Wyoming.  It was quite a  5 days. I went to see my Grandparents and Great Grandmothers. When I was in Wyoming with my Grandparents, we did lots of stuff. For one night we were campers even though we were sleeping in a fifth wheel. We went on a hike and went fishing. I also met a man named David Miller and his dog, Max. He was biking through Wyoming. He told us that he was 50 years old and that he was going to bike through 50 states in a year. He had already biked 26 states including Alaska. He showed me pictures of the beautiful Savannah, Georgia. He was right Savannah is beautiful.  And a cool fact is that there is a ferry in Savannah called Savannah Belle’s Ferry. Well, that is my name!  He was a really nice man. So nice that we invited him for breakfast. So my brother, Cody and I made pancakes, eggs, and bacon for 7 people that morning.  Then we went to my Grandparents house and played games and ate dinner. The next day we went rafting on the Shoshoni River. It was a grand time. The next morning it was time to leave. It was a fun trip.

P.S. On my blog, www.thestudyhouse.blogspot.com I have started a read along for the book Where the Red Fern Grows.  Children and adults will love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment