Thursday, March 7, 2013

March Project of the Month

 
Hello Woolies!!
 
Spring has sprung today in Colorado.  I think we will see 60 degrees today.  I’m listening to the radio enjoying this gorgeous day when a Storm Watch message comes on.  Could be by tomorrow that we are in a Blizzard.  Such is Spring in the Country!!  I hope if you are in the area that you are ready to “nest in.”  I’m thinking it would be kinda’ nice to be snowed in!
 
March Project of the Month:
I have dropped hints about giving new life to a Project of the Month program that I featured to Shop Owners way back in 2007.  Here is the first offering of fun new and limited projects…….English Button Box Kit.   It features a paper mache’ box that is approximately 5” X 5” and 2 ½” tall.  Yes, indeedy, I found these in the basement, just calling for some creativity.  The box will need to be painted, but the kit includes the Box, Fabrics for the Hexagons, 7/8” Hexagon papers, Green Background fabric and Fusible Fleece backing, Yellow Bias Binding (I made it for you!) and a cute wooden knob for the top.  You will need a bit of paint, floss for embroidery and some fabric glue.
Quick and easy to make!! The pattern includes all the information needed to complete this fun Bunny Box.  The cost of the Kit is $15.00 plus shipping.  Here is the link to our Etsy Shop:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/125733346/english-bunny-box-kit
 
 

 
 
Hope you enjoy this fun project….there are more to come!!
 
Mini Moments from Bee....
The last two weekends I have been at dance competitions. Two weeks ago, I went to Legacy (a dance competition in Denver) and competed in two pieces. My small group dance piece took home a platinum award and first overall in its division.  The large group piece received an elite gold. It was an exciting weekend for my whole dance studio!!! Just this last weekend I went to Jump (a dance convention and competition in Denver).  I had the best time ever!  I had lots of dance classes with famous dancers, such as So You Think You Can Dance winners. I danced my heart out in every class.  At the end of the weekend I got a contemporary/lyrical/jazz scholarship. The scholarship can be used towards a week long summer dance intensive. The intensives are held in New York, L.A, and other places. Convention was so much fun!!!! I can’t wait till my next competition.
 
 
Connie and Bee
 

No comments:

Post a Comment